Tis the season! Forecast Discussion: Sunday, November 26th, 2017

Good morning! As you enjoy your last lazy (post holi)day in comfy clothes before heading back into the normal work week routine, let's get mentally prepared for the weather week ahead.

Firstly, today will be beautiful with temperatures in the upper 50's, sunny skies, a light north northwesterly wind. Going into tonight we will see temperatures drop into the low 30's, upper 20's with clear conditions. As a matter of fact, we will see a repeat in daily conditions of sunny skies, high in the upper 50's, low 60's, and overnight lows in the 30's all the way through to Thursday. Once we get to Thursday there is a bit of discrepancy between the GFS and the Euro. Both agree of a strong frontal passage that is expected to bring snow to the high country and showers to the foothills, but the GFS believes the front will arrive on Thursday morning while the Euro has the front arriving on Thursday night/Friday. Our forecast will express having a 30% chance of showers Thursday day, 40% chance of showers Thursday night, and 30% chance of showers Friday morning. Even though the frontal passage we will see is a cold front, there is a warming pocket just ahead of it that, combined with the increase in cloud coverage, will keep our temperatures too high above freezing to truly consider snow- pardon the mountain peaks. For whatever areas that do get accumulating snowfall, temperatures will drop significantly on the Friday into Saturday with temperatures possibly sneaking into the upper teens, but this should technically be further west northwest outside of our forecasting region. We might see some minor effects from this as the wind following cold fronts have the direction trending from the west northwest and thus pouring right over our region, but this is only speculation at this time with plenty of room for change. 

Thanks for reading! Have a blessed Sunday. :)